Friday 4 September 2009

jet fragmentation and x dependence

Two more fabrics using particle physics images. These I have called 'jet fragmentation' and 'x dependence'. They are much simpler than the 'quark' fabric and came out of a more complex green layer fabric that i will post about later which i called 'collider'. Anyhow below are the starting images leading to the final fabrics. They are printed upon silk and are very delicate looking. They have been printed digitally using acid dyes which can be really strong and bright so I adjusted the saturation of the files before sending them to print. The result was a really beautiful soft tone which is far paler than I have used in the images below. Once I have the fabrics back (they are currently being assessed) I will scan them in and post. But I am very pleased with the outcome.



No comments:

Post a Comment