Friday 17 July 2009

More Bicycle Fabrics

More Bicycle fabrics! I decided to reprint the bicycle fabrics as the first time it had all gone a bit splodgy. I had been consigned to the finishing room (where they spray paint everything) because the first years were having a lesson on printing in the print studios and I needed to get on with printing and I think I just rushed them a bit so I had much more time and space with these. The blue/orange/red fabric has been chopped up and turned into teatowels which now decorate most of my friend's and family's kitchens. The green/purple/orange is a 3 metre by 2 metre length. The colours have caused divided opinion but I like them. To me they evoke the omega print studio colours. Perhaps though they are too bright to be 1930s. The next darker piece was experimenting with layering the pattern in different colours. Will have to take better photos of this one. And the blue and silver one beneath! Needs a bit of an iron but I was so excited about it I have put this crumpled version up anyhow. The silver print is metal aluminium powder mixed with binder so it's real metal. I really like how it came out. Must do a better photo tho!












































No comments:

Post a Comment