Friday 17 July 2009

Transport For London and Exploring Practice Exhibitions

Thought I'd add some images of the TFL bus seat exhibition and the Exploring Practice (both modules for my MA) work in progress show. The theme for the work in progress was construction and we used metal barriers to display all the work on. I tucked the fabrics through the slots and weaved some of the fabrics through the bars and draped the rest. It kind of looks far more arty than designy but I quite like it.

The Transport For London project culminated in a show which TFL came to . I mocked up a bus seat and had a pole spray painted to match the orange in the fabric and a piece of board painted grey to replicate the flooring in the bus. The fabric displyed here is a thin cotton but I have since had the design printed in a viscose velvet (seen in the New Designers' photos) so that it is more bus seat like.



























No comments:

Post a Comment